How to start your day on the right foot
Many have been asking me lately on how I start my morning. To be honest, developing a morning routine that is so different to what you are used to isn’t easy. It takes time and effort. In my opinion that extra time and effort is okay with me if it will push me to the next level, grow as an individual and become an all round better guy.
Here is the list of simple things I include in my morning that I know will set the right tone to an incredible day.
9 Daily Morning Routine MUSTS
1. WAKE UP BEFORE 6AM
– In Ayurveda, they believe that the when you wake up before 6am, you wake up during a time that is Vata dominant and therefore your body becomes more in tune with nature. Think lighter body and lighter mind
2. HERBAL TEA WITH HALF A LEMON
– Some herbal tea with fresh lemon upon waking is an amazing way to hydrate and cleanse the body first thing in the morning (See more at http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/lemons)
3. MEDITATE FOR 15MINUTES
– This is not a new one. Millions of people reap the benefits of this simple morning routine daily. Nothing works better at calming the body and mind than sitting in quietness for 15 minutes. If 15 minutes is too long for you in the beginning then start with 5. Do not be hard on yourself. Thoughts will fly through your head. Notice them and move on. Make the habit of sitting somewhere quiet on a firm cushion/block cross-legged, straight back and neck, looking forward with a soft gaze or closed eyes. (For beginners use the Headspace App: https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app)
4. YOGA OR A MINDFUL WALK OR RUN – GET YOUR BODY MOVING MINDFULLY
– This is vital to allow your dormant energies to awake in all areas of your body. I personally practice Hatha Yoga every morning with online classes from The Practice Online (https://www.thepracticebali.com/the-practice-online/)
5. GRATITUDE + TO BE LIST
Get a diary that has a purpose in empowering you. After meditation or yoga write a list of 5 or more things you are grateful for and then a list of 5 or more things that you would like to be today. e.g. I am going to be a more loving father, mother, wife or son today.
6. DAY GOALS
– A new take on to do lists. Write down in order of importance, the tasks that will be most relevant to you building your brand/business/purpose driven life. Make sure you stick to these as these daily goals is what will get you to that dream destination. #CompoundEffort
7. MAKE YOUR BED
– Whether you are at home or in a hotel, become self empowered by making your own bed
8. CELERY JUICE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH
– The healing benefits of celery juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is profound. Anthony Williams has been healing many people for decades with this simple juice. From mystery fatigue to auto immune diseases. Do yourself a favor and drink 16 ounces/473ml (1 bunch celery) every morning at least 30 min before breakfast. (Read More: http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/celery-juice)
9. BREAKFAST WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY
– Revolt against the millennials here. Breakfast needs to be eaten mindfully and away from distractions. Being hyper focused on the food in front of you allows your body to fully appreciate and take in the nourishment that you so deserve.
So there you have it. My morning routine MUSTS to be the best person I can possibly be